November 22
I'm thankful for my health. This week there have been two deaths (due to illness) in my family's circle of friends. One was a friend's baby who was born with so many problems, her little body just couldn't handle it. Another was a friend of my Dad's who has been battling cancer for a few years. We went to the hospital to visit her while she was declining. Both of these daughters of God died on Thanksgiving day. I suppose Thanksgiving will never be the same for those families.
I am thankful for my knowledge that God's love is real. It is so real and profound that He has provided us a way to be with our families forever- through priesthood ordinances and the Atonement of Christ the Lord. Could heaven really be heaven without those we love? Could heaven really be heaven if our familial relationships could not be perpetuated? I do not believe so. Heaven isn't a place where the slate is wiped clean and we just exist as individuals. Our experiences from this life go with us, including the relationships we cultivated in our families.
November 23
Thankful for my siblings. Preston has been especially fun to be with over the break. He has come down into my room and spent the night with me three times this week! He reads his books aloud to me (except for last night when we were simply too exhausted. We just went to bed after talking.) It's very special to me that Preston wants to be my friend. I've been out of the house for most of the last 5 years (so pretty much since Preston was 3), and it's taken a lot of calling home and asking to talk to him to cultivate our friendship. And it's good to see it's paying off! We're 15 years apart, but still close.
November 24
Thankful for my mother. She's worked so hard over the course of my life to make home feel like heaven. Yesterday my sister Katie and I cleaned up the kitchen and living room while she was helping with two funerals. My mom's friendly personality makes her an easy person to call in times of need. Of course I was sad that she and I couldn't spend the day together, sewing the family Christmas PJs, but I recognize that serving others the way she does is a great example for me and what service I can give in the future. Mom, you are awesome.
November 25
Today I am thankful that it is the Lord's day. Sunday is simply my favorite day because I can focus on things of eternity. Goodbye homework, goodbye work, goodbye cleaning. I've taken care of you yesterday- or I've taken care of as much as I can! Here's a link to an amazing talk entitled "In the Strength of the Lord" by David A. Bednar that I've been listening to this morning.
I'm thankful for my health. This week there have been two deaths (due to illness) in my family's circle of friends. One was a friend's baby who was born with so many problems, her little body just couldn't handle it. Another was a friend of my Dad's who has been battling cancer for a few years. We went to the hospital to visit her while she was declining. Both of these daughters of God died on Thanksgiving day. I suppose Thanksgiving will never be the same for those families.
I am thankful for my knowledge that God's love is real. It is so real and profound that He has provided us a way to be with our families forever- through priesthood ordinances and the Atonement of Christ the Lord. Could heaven really be heaven without those we love? Could heaven really be heaven if our familial relationships could not be perpetuated? I do not believe so. Heaven isn't a place where the slate is wiped clean and we just exist as individuals. Our experiences from this life go with us, including the relationships we cultivated in our families.
November 23
Thankful for my siblings. Preston has been especially fun to be with over the break. He has come down into my room and spent the night with me three times this week! He reads his books aloud to me (except for last night when we were simply too exhausted. We just went to bed after talking.) It's very special to me that Preston wants to be my friend. I've been out of the house for most of the last 5 years (so pretty much since Preston was 3), and it's taken a lot of calling home and asking to talk to him to cultivate our friendship. And it's good to see it's paying off! We're 15 years apart, but still close.
November 24
Thankful for my mother. She's worked so hard over the course of my life to make home feel like heaven. Yesterday my sister Katie and I cleaned up the kitchen and living room while she was helping with two funerals. My mom's friendly personality makes her an easy person to call in times of need. Of course I was sad that she and I couldn't spend the day together, sewing the family Christmas PJs, but I recognize that serving others the way she does is a great example for me and what service I can give in the future. Mom, you are awesome.
November 25
Today I am thankful that it is the Lord's day. Sunday is simply my favorite day because I can focus on things of eternity. Goodbye homework, goodbye work, goodbye cleaning. I've taken care of you yesterday- or I've taken care of as much as I can! Here's a link to an amazing talk entitled "In the Strength of the Lord" by David A. Bednar that I've been listening to this morning.
Comments