November 18
On Sunday I was very thankful for Rhodes rolls. Yes. Those rolls you buy frozen at the store, let them rise, then bake them. I had 8 of them for dinner. I was recovering from being sick and nothing else sounded good!
On another note, I was very grateful for church. The theme for this Sunday was "Let the Holy Spirit Guide," and we discussed and learned about different ways that the Holy Spirit guides our lives and helps us make decisions. This seems to be a favorite topic among young single Mormons to talk about because, well, let's face it, we all want to be able to make important decisions about marriage, dating, and schooling. I was not particularly thinking about marriage or dating, but about my future school aspirations. I've been coming to terms with the fact that I probably will not continue my performing as a professional, nor will I pursue music in my graduate studies. It's been a little hard, but I feel pretty peaceful. The world is mine and I can do whatever I want. I have lots of talents other than music, and can take this time to expand on them.
November 19
Grateful for the airport, airplanes and busses! I got through checking and security at SLC International in seriously less than 7 minutes. I felt like I had won the jackpot. I also felt like I won the jackpot when I got to sit by this cute couple and their baby on the airplane! The baby wasn't even fussy. Just really cute and smiley!
Then I rode the bus from SeaTac to Tacoma. Can I just say- Washington public transportation is pretty awesome, and clean!? I rode the bus a lot in Athens Georgia, and their buses were not as nice as the ones we have here. It will be so nice when the Seattle-Tacoma light rail is finished too! :)
November 20
Grateful for HOME and FAMILY!! I love University Place, I love Tacoma. Even with all the rain... and my flooding room. I'm thankful that the flooding has not been too bad.
Grateful for my Dad. We spent some quality time yesterday at the hospital, and then out to eat at the Rosewood Cafe in Proctor district/ North Tacoma and it was heavenly! I highly recommend it to anyone in the area.
November 21
I am grateful that I don't have trouble sleeping. And that my bed is so cozy. Sleeping well helps me sing better, treat my friends and family nicer, and have energy.
On Sunday I was very thankful for Rhodes rolls. Yes. Those rolls you buy frozen at the store, let them rise, then bake them. I had 8 of them for dinner. I was recovering from being sick and nothing else sounded good!
On another note, I was very grateful for church. The theme for this Sunday was "Let the Holy Spirit Guide," and we discussed and learned about different ways that the Holy Spirit guides our lives and helps us make decisions. This seems to be a favorite topic among young single Mormons to talk about because, well, let's face it, we all want to be able to make important decisions about marriage, dating, and schooling. I was not particularly thinking about marriage or dating, but about my future school aspirations. I've been coming to terms with the fact that I probably will not continue my performing as a professional, nor will I pursue music in my graduate studies. It's been a little hard, but I feel pretty peaceful. The world is mine and I can do whatever I want. I have lots of talents other than music, and can take this time to expand on them.
November 19
Grateful for the airport, airplanes and busses! I got through checking and security at SLC International in seriously less than 7 minutes. I felt like I had won the jackpot. I also felt like I won the jackpot when I got to sit by this cute couple and their baby on the airplane! The baby wasn't even fussy. Just really cute and smiley!
Then I rode the bus from SeaTac to Tacoma. Can I just say- Washington public transportation is pretty awesome, and clean!? I rode the bus a lot in Athens Georgia, and their buses were not as nice as the ones we have here. It will be so nice when the Seattle-Tacoma light rail is finished too! :)
November 20
Grateful for HOME and FAMILY!! I love University Place, I love Tacoma. Even with all the rain... and my flooding room. I'm thankful that the flooding has not been too bad.
Grateful for my Dad. We spent some quality time yesterday at the hospital, and then out to eat at the Rosewood Cafe in Proctor district/ North Tacoma and it was heavenly! I highly recommend it to anyone in the area.
November 21
I am grateful that I don't have trouble sleeping. And that my bed is so cozy. Sleeping well helps me sing better, treat my friends and family nicer, and have energy.
Comments