OK, but not really. I spent the afternoon going on my seventh and final walking tour around the southern part of Vienna's inner city, between the Naschmarkt and Belvedere Palace. And it was so wonderful! First of all, it was nice to just be alone and stop when I saw cool things that I wanted to see... and sometimes I find strange things that I think are cool, like this:
I find photoshop fun...

It's not Elizabeth Arden, but it's a red door... and it is awesome.
Found an art gallery on a street I passed.
Don't you just love the old architecture and the beautiful sign up above?
I can hardly even believe I saw this from across a really really busy street.
And probably best of all, I found or walked past 4 vintage clothing stores! It was a shame they didn't have anything like a necklace or earrings out, or else I would've bought it! The clothes were ADORABLE, albeit expensive. I doubt that I'll have time to go back, but if I don't, a trip to Urban Exchange or Goodwill in Tacoma will suffice.
Forget that I saw Shubert's death house and a statue to Mozart. I found some cool things that are ALIVE. Like modern art, and really nice people who collect vintage clothing, and a red painted door. It's nice to know that while Vienna can hold many treasures of the past that the city still moves on to the future. I love this place.
Comments