On Wednesday June 1, 2015 I set foot for the first time in Carnegie Hall for our sound check and performance. How grateful I am for the chance to perform there!
The sound check helped us see how squished we would be on stage. Carnegie Hall does have a deep stage but it doesn't come close to the space we have at home in our spaces in Utah. I forget how spoiled we are. Our choreography for Betelehemu was a little difficult but other than that the space was wonderful.
The most fun part of everything is how great the sound comes together in the space. It felt like magic during the first half of our concert- the audience listening with rapt attention to our pieces and waiting to applaud til the end. Especially the Requiem Aeternam which Mack wrote and was premiered in Carnegie. Such a perfect place for that piece.
I had some very sacred experiences that are too special to share here but I can tell you that angels were with us in that hall.




Comments