This morning we had an early start. We left the hotel at 7:45 for DC. It was a beautiful day, and luckily overcast so I didn't get too hot!
This lush little garden outside one of the art galleries captured my attention. I probably could've spent an hour there just writing thoughts in my journal but I decided it was better to meet up with friends and family!
I was able to first meet up with my friend Michael Slawson, who had come to the concert the evening before at Strathmore! It was a surprise to see him waving to me from the audience. And nice to have even just a 10 minute catch up--we haven't talked since I told him I was engaged. I love pleasant little surprises that God will give you along the way through life :)
Then I went shopping at Union Station! I was proud of myself for navigating the metro successfully to get there. And I bought a 2 new pairs of elephant earrings for my collection! I now have elephant earrings from Vienna, Prague, Santa Barbara, Portland, Provo, Taiwan, Georgia, Disneyland, AND Washington DC.
At Union Station I met up with aunt Merilee, Uncle Bryan, Adam, Crystal and their three kids! Including Gemma who is just 2 weeks old!! Lyndon was a sweetie pie and started giving me hugs and holding my hand immediately. They are such a beautiful, happy family!
Oh, and we saw an albino squirrel.
It was short lived. We walked around outside the national mall and ate lunch. But we had a great time. Thanks guys!
I had to board the bus to get to New York City- a 4 1/2 hour drive that turned into a 7 hour drive because of some awful traffic!! We were lucky to even get here! I was glad-- the choir has a committee that puts together video segments for us to watch on different legs of the tour. I was even interviewed for one segment- so we will see when they show me :) in it we learn a bit more about some of the choir members and their experiences.
And here is the picture I took of NYC from the bus. Upon exiting Lincoln Tunnel we played "Welcome to New York" by Taylor Swift through the speakers of the bus. :) We got here at 8 pm and I ate a very late dinner at a nearby restaurant. Very Tired!
Tomorrow morning we head to Woodstock! It is in Bethel Wood, NY so we have more driving ahead of us. I feel so blessed- can't wait to perform at our first outdoor venue. There is 100% chance of rain in that town tomorrow. So whatever happens it should be memorable!









Comments