Well, it's that time of year. Christmas festivities are over, a new calendar year is coming up, a new semester of school starts for me, and just about everyone makes a New Year's Resolution. I don't have a very typical one this year, but I make this resolution with the hope that the world and I will be better at the end of next year.

My focus is on the word LOVE. I will consciously think of love when I'm in frustrating situations, and respond with more love. I will notice those around me who need love, and offer it as readily as I can. I will try not to suppress any generous thoughts, but act on them and not be afraid of what others think my motives are. I will speak of others with love, and leave gossip behind. I will find a way to love my classes, classmates, room mates, homework, practice hours, and my church calling. I will give service and try to consciously do a good deed each day.
This might sound like a crazy goal. I'm sure it won't be easy. I'm sure that I'll have days that are still filled with frustration. But if it wasn't hard, the goal wouldn't be worth it!
John 13:35
"By this shall all men know that [you] are my [disciple], if [you] have love one to another."
Anyone who reads this blog is welcome to join me in the New Year's REVOLUTION! Make your resolution as simple as one word, and begin to change the world, starting with yourself.
Comments