
I auditioned for a Community musical production called "Sweeney Todd" at the end of September and got cast as Johanna- a supporting lead role. Once again, I play the "Girl" in the show- Johanna is a 16 year old girl who lives with an evil, lascivious Judge (who plans to marry her). But she has fallen in love with a young sailor named Anthony and has plans to elope with him before the Judge finds out.



Sweeney Todd is a Broadway musical composed by Stephen Sondheim and its one of my favorites so I was ecstatic when they gave me the role of Johanna!


The show is put on through "Actor's Repertory Theatre Company" in Provo. We perform in the Castle Amphitheater just behind the Utah State Hospital on Center Street in Provo. It's a beautiful outdoor amphitheater made of stone with turrets and terraces—simply beautiful, and it overlooks Provo and the sunsets are gorgeous!
www.castletheater.org
Comments