Why have I been MIA on the blog lately? Well... I will give you a picture and let you guess why. (WARNING: this post is replete with references to Nacho Libre. If you've not seen the movie, some of this may not make sense) :)
A. You became a nun!
That is incorrect. I already did the Mormon version of nunnery a few years ago, and don't plan on being a nun anytime soon.
B. You have been busy buying tortilla chips!
Also untrue. While chips and salsa remain a favorite snack of mine, they do not keep me too busy.
C. You found a man who is crazy enough to wear your home-sewn Nacho Libre costume!
This comes closer to the truth, good guess! I got a boyfriend, his name is Ryan, and he is the beeeest (say it slow like Jack Black does in the movie). We took this picture together at my cousin Halloween costume party this weekend. And yes, I was crazy enough to think I could sew the dang thing in a day-- and Ryan was gracious enough to wear it. Don't look too close. It was a good memory I guess, but today I really felt it in my back from bending over a sewing machine for six hours.
The mask is my favorite part!
So, let's get down to the nitty gritty... Who is this, RYAN?
Here's the cute story of how we met. I noticed him first. I openly admit this. I saw him across the hallway at work one day (I work in a physical therapy office and at the time he was a medical assistant in the Sports Medicine clinic). I said to my co-worker Whitney: Who IS that? She didn't know. Ryan came over a few times to our office to deliver things like referrals. I even called over to him on purpose once just to ask him to bring a referral over. And I thought to myself: That boy is gonna ask me out.
Fast forward a few weeks. I was getting ready for a football viewing party in my neighborhood with combined wards. I showed up to a townhouse down the street and I quickly realized that I knew nobody at this party. Embarrassing! But the host of the party was gracious enough to invite me in and reassure me, I was in the right place, I just didn't have anyone from my ward there. I ate some pizza, watched some of the game, and then I turned around... And there was Ryan! I exclaimed: You work at UVOC (pronounced you-vok)! It turns out that this party was at his house!! He agreed that I looked familiar, and so then we had a nice conversation. As I left, I totally thought he would ask for my number, but he didn't! Arrg, frustrating. But I did not give up! I added him as a friend on Facebook and voila! Eventually he asked me out (over the phone, like a gentleman).
So that's where I've been the last few months, pretty much. With him. He's fun. We go hiking together, we even ran into a rattlesnake on our first excursion. We also like to quote movies and go to institute together. We talk about holy things. Hehe. And I think you are all wondering... How tall is he? He is a 6' 7" wonder, amigos. I kind of love it.
This was the most fun I've had dressing up for Halloween since my girls and I did the Disney princess thing back in 2008- see my post from October of that year!


Comments