Don't know whether or not to be proud of that, but it's a milestone.
Right now I'm in the last place on earth that you'd want to be on a Saturday night. In the Library. I took a nap earlier, so now I pay the consequences and I'm here to do some homework. But the sad news is that I left the right binder in my backpack in my apartment! (that's what I get for having all black binders and not color coding)
The good news, however, is that now I get to blog (as I surreptitiously eat my cornbread muffins. Mmm Mmm good. )
One of my favorite parts of being a vocal performance major is GETTING TO PERFORM! So today the girls and I (anyone who's in the major along with Dr. Reich, our professor) went to Allyse's bridal at the University Mall to try on performing gowns. What's awesome about being a soloist is that you can wear whatever you want, and if it's flashy, you look cooler. So I found this dress. The price? I mean, it looks like it could be around $300, as most dresses are in this store.
$85 buckaroos, baby! With no alterations. Thank goodness for being tall. Here's a glimpse of the little beauty: (btw, the rose/feather in my hair? So much fun! I never thought those things would look good in my hair but I actually like them)
This one was a winner. I'll be debuting it at a recital sometime in the next two years. haha, a long way off, I know, but now I have an incentive to keep my body trim, and also to not drop out of my major ( ;-) ).
Right now I'm in the last place on earth that you'd want to be on a Saturday night. In the Library. I took a nap earlier, so now I pay the consequences and I'm here to do some homework. But the sad news is that I left the right binder in my backpack in my apartment! (that's what I get for having all black binders and not color coding)
The good news, however, is that now I get to blog (as I surreptitiously eat my cornbread muffins. Mmm Mmm good. )
One of my favorite parts of being a vocal performance major is GETTING TO PERFORM! So today the girls and I (anyone who's in the major along with Dr. Reich, our professor) went to Allyse's bridal at the University Mall to try on performing gowns. What's awesome about being a soloist is that you can wear whatever you want, and if it's flashy, you look cooler. So I found this dress. The price? I mean, it looks like it could be around $300, as most dresses are in this store.

$85 buckaroos, baby! With no alterations. Thank goodness for being tall. Here's a glimpse of the little beauty: (btw, the rose/feather in my hair? So much fun! I never thought those things would look good in my hair but I actually like them)
This one was a winner. I'll be debuting it at a recital sometime in the next two years. haha, a long way off, I know, but now I have an incentive to keep my body trim, and also to not drop out of my major ( ;-) ).
Comments