More pictures from my adveuntries with Michael, Julie, Mom and Grandma can be found here.
But now I can just look outside at the grey sky, drink my Almdudler- and everything will be just fine.
Favorite Things about Today's Adventure on Walking Tour 6 with Rebekah:
Pascualati Haus:
This is the site where Beethoven composed many great works, including his only opera, Fidelio. It had a lovely view toward Votivkirche and Universitaet Wien (I don't really know if those structures were up at the time Beethoven lived there). There was a small museum with a pianoforte (it had 5 pedals on it!!), some manuscript facsimilies of Beethoven's music, recordings of several of his works, some busts... but you can see for yourself by going here: PICTURES!
Votivkirche:
This Neo-Gothic edifice was beautiful and tranquil. It is surrounded by Freud Park (yep, named after the one and only Sigmund Freud. Vienna was his home city). There were almost no tourists when Rebekah and I went inside. There were beautiful stained glass windows throughout, as well as paintings on the walls and ceiling. Then the organist began to play!! We were thrilled to get to listen. Apparently only at 12 noon on Tuesdays the organist will give a short recital of a few pieces. It was beautiful.
Volksgarten:
One perk about Vienna is that it has a lot of gardens in the inner city to go to in order to escape the "city" feel. In the past little while I've walked through Rathaus Park, Freud Park, the Belvedere Grounds, Prater, Burg Garten, and now Volksgarten. It was simply a joy! I loved that all of the beautiful tall buildings are at a distance from it, and that you can sit on one of the many benches and just hear the birds chirping. The sound of the street is muffled since there is a gate separating it. The tulips are just BEGGING to bloom!
Comments